The Unpredictable Money Making Life of Finding Things and Flipping them on the Internet

The Unpredictable Money Making Life of Finding Things and Flipping them on the Internet

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Real Flip or Not? I'm Puzzled.

I don't know if this constitutes as a real flip because I didn't buy it. My sister did, and she gave it to me as a present. A 1000 piece Mary Poppins Fine Art Disney Puzzle. It was sitting upstairs for the longest time wasting space when I ran across it, and I immediately looked it up on Ebay. Anything I see Disney requires a quick Ebay check. Keep that in mind y'all. Disney will forever be collected by the old and new, and some people pay pretty pennies for that name!

Come to find out, my puzzle is a popular item! The last one sold in the $40 range, and had 15 bidders! HOT!!! I called sis and asked her if she would be hurt if I sold it. Its not like I would have any time within the next 18 years of my life to put it together. Sis said something like "Oh, that thing? I bought it at a yard sale for a dollar. I don't care if you sell it." Well, you don't have to tell me twice. I listed it as soon as baby went to sleep that night. Seven days later I'm $41 richer! Be on the look out (BOLO) folks!!!


3 comments:

  1. nice flip. I wonder what other puzzles do well? There are a ton at my t.s for a quarter. I bought 4 vtg Smurfs ones there and sold them plus a Smurfette plush to my sister for $20 Not too bad of a profit plus I did not have to share my money with Ebay or Paypal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thrifted Sister! Becky, I know! I wonder too! I have a few more up for auction, but no bites yet. That's an awesome flip for your Smurf pieces! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete